Thursday, 31 January 2013

i'll try something new


I know what you're thinking, enough of your mug Rachel - where are the clothes?! Well, before I get back into a (somewhat) regular outfit posting routine I thought it was best to let you all know about a couple of things that have changed since I last blogged. The first thing is obvious, I have accepted that I am quite short sighted and in need of glasses. I wanted a pair of Ray Ban's but I couldn't justify the price because apart from to take this picture I've maybe worn them twice?! 

Now onto the life changing stuff - no, seriously! I am blogging from a bedroom in the home of four people I met on Sunday. I have been looking at going into nannying/au pairing for a while now and its something that has been in the pipeline for easily 6 months. My agent called me at work 2 weeks ago and said she had a lovely family that needed a nannying quite urgently and I was the girl that fit the bill. I skyped the family a lot before making a decision but in the end I handed in my notice and now here I am. I am one 30 minute train journey from London, which is a far cry from my hometown in lovely Yorkshire, but does mean I'm closer to a lot of my friends who have moved south to go to University.

This will unfortunately have an affect on my blogging. Understandably, I am asked to dress modestly whilst at work with this particular family (each family is different, of course) and the lighting in my room is particularly bad, making it impossible to take outfit photos without explaining the whole "I take photos of what I'm wearing and post it on the internet." I am with this family for one month before going home for a week. Then, I fly to Italy to au pair with a family for a minimum of 6 months, I am so excited. The Italians, being the (generally) fashion conscious people that they are and of course having spoken a lot to the family I'll be with, I think will be quite accepting of the whole "I take photos of what I'm wearing and post it on the internet" thing.

All of the above being said, I hope to still be blogging through the week for the next few weeks but perhaps they'll be more rambly posts like this one.


6 comments:

  1. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 165 Countries and 8790 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Rachel! This sounds like such a great opportunity, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand wearing glasses I'm meant of but I hate the feeling of them on my face lol x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look very cute in those glasses!
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds incredible! How exciting, can't wait to hear about your adventures with the family :-). You look lovely as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations on the offer, that sounds amazing. Italy is so fabulous, you'll have a fantastic time x x

    Candy Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete